Things You Want To Know Before go Armenia
Traveling To Armenia -This is a new interesting information list for travellers who are going to visit Armenia this year. There is not so much and correct information about Armenia on the internet, that is why this list helps you to travel in Armenia. Read it very carefully.
Armenia country locals
1. Today Armenia has developed his infrastructures to received a lot of tourists. , Armenia can offer very stunning places for the tourist though tourism business is not as higher than in Europe. But in 2019 very many tourists visited Armenia.
Unbelievable beauty centre of Erevan
2. There are always a lot of people in the centre of Yerevan. But not everyone speaks English though young people 80 per cent understand English although they can’t speak. They can explain to you everything in English with some difficulties. Armenia is not an English speaking country but today it’s getting by.
Comfortable Climate Armenia
3. Armenia has different climate zones but in general, it is a dry country even in winter. The climate is very comfortable for travellers that’s why all year come many travellers to the country. Any season has it’s own beauty in this friendly country.
Food prices and Armenia expenses
4. Good news for travellers. Armenia is one of the cheapest countries where food, tickets, different attractions and taxi are very cheap. 10 euros enough one person for one-day food.
5. There is the highly developed banking system in Armenia and there are not problems withdraw money with your card from a lot of ATM. It will be less difficult in the villages because there were no so many ATMs. But you can find them in big cities any street you walk.
6. Cheap accommodation — in Armenia you can easily find a private room in the city centre and district of Yerevan. The prize beginning with the 10 euros one person per night.
7. Armenia one of the mountainous country not only in the Caucasus but even in the world. These mountains are not as high as the many mountains in the Caucasus. All country situated in the mountains, valleys and gorges.
8. Armenians are one of the specific nations. There are almost 8 million diasporas spread all over the world but in Armenia live only 3 million people. A big part of this nation lives far from their motherland.
9. If you are want to go very interesting extreme places you must have to drive a 4×4 / SUV. It makes your trip pleasant and comfortable. The usual destination you can go by a normal car as a small Toyota.
Armenia Genocide or Holocaust
10. In the 1915 Ottoman Government decided and killed almost 1-1.5 million Armenian in (Turkey) and this called Armenian big Genocide. Turkey till nowadays does not recognize this fact and do everything to forget it.
Why so many churches
11. Armenia continues to stay a very conservative country where almost 95% of the population are still Armenian Apostolic like a many centuries ago. Armenia is the first Christian country in the world. Christianity was the Armenian state religion in 301 A.D.
12. Armenia was attacked by the Turks, Mongols, Persians from ancient time. This country was the centrum of many great wars because Armenia is connected to Asia and Europe.
13. Before you go to Armenia and planning to rent a car you must know that roads in Armenia not so good and you need to drive very carefully. Though mainly roads are good especially mainly roads which connected big cities to Yerevan — the capital of Armenia. Be careful when you drive in Armenia.
14. Today Armenia is one of the geopolitical countries not only in the Caucasus but also in the World. This little country has a conflict with two neighbours Turkey and Azerbaijan. Armenia has a friendly relationship with two countries Iran and Georgia
Armenia magic views
15. Armenia is one of the safest countries in the world though it is in the Caucasus. Every tourist feels very comfortable without any discrimination or worry.
16. Yerevan is the most visited and developed city than the other city’s. Yerevan called pink city because it was built the specific Armenian stones which have a pink colour. Yerevan is one of the beautiful city and capital where visit from all of the worlds. This city is very busy day and night.
17. Despite the fact that mount Ararat is in Turkey territory, Armenians accepts that Ararat is the part of Armenian identity and Armenian territory. You can see a lot of beautiful pictures and souvenirs decorated with mount Ararat in souvenirs shops. Often on the souvenirs, you can see mount Ararat whit another interesting place Khor Virap.
18. The Sevan lake has 1900 meters high and this makes this unique lake one of the beautiful places in the world. Sevan has many comfortable beach destinations where you can rest. The little town Sevan is not so interesting. It is abandoned and not attractive. It will be more perfect if you stopover on a road trip.
19. Armenia is not a travel country as Europian countries or Asian but it is a country where you can see unique old monasteries or old places in the mountains.There is a list of famous places where you should visit for sure Khor Virap, Noravank, Geghard, Tatev, Sevan church, and st city Etchmiadzin with a lots old monasteries. You can visit Etchmiadzin — the first cathedral in the world (built 301-303).
20. There are a lot of big or small restaurants in Armenia. Despite it, they are all cheap. It is enough 6-11 dollars for one couple to eat at a nice restaurant. There is a very perfect service in restaurants that you can try it.
Eat on the road
21. How to eat on the roads in Armenia? you should know there are lots of modern supermarkets in Armenia particularly in capital Yerevan. There is also a lot of fast food even roads, especially on main roads.
22. Lavash is the specific Armenian national bread, but there is also a popular different type of bread in Armenia nowadays. you can see how is Lavash made in many places. It is a very interesting process. Even you can do it yourself, try to do it. Lavash is a part of Armenian culture.
Famous food Zhingyalov hats and Dolma
23. To be in Armenia and don’t eat famous Armenian food like Dolma and Zhingyalove hats means that you don’t visit this country. Dolma is one of the Armenian national dishes. It is made with meat, grape leaves, and rice. Zhingyalov hats is a dish flatbread stuffed with herbs and different green vegetables.
24. If you like fresh and dried fruit, Armenia is the best place to eat them here. Armenia is very famous for his fresh and dry fruits, which even expert all over the world. You can enjoy them on your trip to Armenia. everywhere you can find fresh fruits to buy in summer.
Breakfast for you
25. Don’ t forget to pay a service fee of 10% in every restaurant and food home in this country when you visit. It is accepted in this country but you don’t worry, even if you paid added service fee, your breakfast will be cheap.
Paid by card or cash
26. You must add cash in your pocket when you travelling in Armenia especial on your way far from big cities. , you can pay by card almost everywhere in capital Yerevan but not in villages, where even it is a problem to find the internet. Other places like restaurants, hotels you can pay by card without worry about it.
27. A lot of travellers don’t know that Armenia is the part of the silk road and the part of the road called the Selim pass which now called Orbelian’s pass. This part of the road is very beautiful and amazing, especially in summer. The Selim pass is high as 2410 meters!
28. There are not any problems with wifi in Armenia, because of all restaurants, hotels, bars everywhere you can find internet. Even you can easily buy sim cards and use the internet without difficulties. Don’t think about it!
There are almost all power sockets and plugs work with a standard voltage of 230V in Armenia
29. For many European countries, USA, Australia, UK, don’t need a visa to enter Armenia. But Canadians, Indians, and many Asian countries need a visa for arrival.
In Erevan, almost all shops open at 9 o’clock but not in villages.
30. This is a fantastic country that’s why you should visit this country without any worry. After one trip you will always want to come back and enjoy your holiday. The very unique culture of this country inspired you to stay in Armenia forever.